If you are transferring from another college or university, you must meet all international transfer requirements for Louisiana Tech. Please refer to the checklist below. The following is a list of all undergraduate transfer admission requirements necessary for admission. Documents may be submitted via email or mailed to the address provided below.
1. Complete the Online Application Form start an application.
2. Applicants transferring from US schools: Official academic records and transcripts (24 or more credits with GPA of 2.25). Applicants with less than 24 credits must meet Freshmen admission requirements.*
3. Applicants transferring from schools outside of the US: Official course-by-course transcript evaluation with course descriptions and copies of transcripts. Transcript evaluations must sent directly by a professional evaluation company, such as SpanTran or WES. Please have them mailed to the address provided below.
Those coming from non-English speaking countries must submit proof of English proficiency by submitting one of the following: TOEFL score of 71 or IELTS score of 6.0 or Duolingo English Test of 95. All test scores must be sent officially by using our school code: 6372, and we also ask that you submit PDF copies via email.
4. Copy of Passport
5. Copy of Associates Degree Certificate (if applicable)
6. Copy of OPT Card (if applicable)
*Official transcripts can be sent to us electronically or mailed in a sealed envelope directly from the school. Please make sure all transcripts are sent to the International Student Office - firstname.lastname@example.org. You may choose to mail physical documents to the address provided below. All transcripts sent directly by the student via email will be considered unofficial.
1. Proof of available yearly funds to cover each academic year of study (Fall, Winter, and Spring) in the form of an official bank statement of account, government scholarship letter or athletic scholarship letter (accounts must be accessible at any time)
3. A copy of your current I-20 and a front-and-back copy of your I-94 (transferring from a US school only)
4. International Transfer Eligibility Form completed by the DSO at your current school (transferring from a US school only)
Most admission documents can be sent as PDF attachments via email (email@example.com) with the exception of official test scores and official transcripts. You also have the option to send your documents by express or standard mailing options.
The ISO uses University Express Mail Service (UEMS) to ensure your express mailing needs are met. To create your account with UEMS, please click here.
You may also use any standard shipping option of your choosing to mail your documents to the following address:
International Student Office
Louisiana Tech University
305 Wisteria Street
P.O. Box 3037
Ruston, LA 71272
An application will not be considered without specific documentation of yearly funds available to cover each academic term of study. Louisiana Tech University estimates the student’s average cost for an academic term of nine months (Fall, Winter, and Spring) to be:
Tuition and Fees $18,717
Living expenses $6,795 (including meals and housing)
Books and Insurance $2,313
**Fees are subject to change without notice**. Any changes will be updated here.
When the required credentials are on file, your application will be processed and you will be notified of the decision by mail. We cannot give this information out over the phone. If you want anyone other than yourself to receive information, we must have written permission from you stating the full name of the person.
**I-20s will only be issued to accepted students. Transfer students will receive their new I-20's after attending orientation and enrolling in their courses.
Fall Quarter Enrollment: July 1
Winter Quarter Enrollment: October 1
Spring Quarter Enrollment: January 1
Summer Quarter Enrollment: April 1