If you are interested in pursuing an undergraduate degree program at Louisiana Tech University, please refer to the checklist below. The following is a list of all undergraduate admission requirements needed to make an application for admission.
2. Non-refundable application fee $30.00 (payable by check, money order, or credit card)
3. Applicants from non-English speaking countries: Students with a 2.0 GPA must have one of the following: an iBT TOEFL 79 or an IELTS 6.5 or SAT Math subscore 510, Evidence-based Reading and Writing 500 subscore with a minimum composite score of 1130 or ACT Math subscore 19 and English subscore 18 with a minimum composite score of 23. Students with a 2.5 GPA must have one of the following: an iBT TOEFL 71 or an IELTS 6.0 or SAT Math subscore 510, Evidence-based Reading and Writing 500 subscore with a minimum composite score of 810 or ACT Math subscore 19 and English subscore 18 with a minimum composite score of 15. College prep curriculum requirements include 3 years of college preparatory mathematics. SAT or ACT are highly recommended.
**NOTE: Those who do not submit SAT or ACT scores will be required to take a Math placement exam upon arrival to the university.
4. Applicants from English speaking countries or English speaking high school curriculum, such as IB, international schools, etc.: Students with a 2.0 GPA must have one of the following: SAT Math subscore 510, Evidence-based Reading and Writing 500 subscore with a minimum composite score of 1130 or ACT Math score 19 and English subscore 18 with a minimum composite score of 23. Students with 2.5 GPA must have one of the following: SAT Math 510, Evidence-based Reading and Writing 500 with a minimum composite score of 810 or ACT Math subscore 19 and English subscore 18 with minimum composite score of 15.
5. Copy of Current Valid Passport
All documents can be submitted as PDF attachments via email. Official transcripts can be sent to us electronically or mailed in a sealed envelope directly from the school. Please make sure all transcripts are sent to the International Student Office - email@example.com. You may choose to mail physical documents to the address provided below.
Official test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, ACT) must be sent directly from the testing agency. Please use university code - 6372 for sending test scores. Additionally, we request that you send a PDF copy of your scores via email.
1. Proof of available yearly funds to cover each year of study in the form of an official bank statement of account, government scholarship letter, or athletic scholarship letter (accounts must be accessible at any time)
If coming from a High School in the United States, the following items are required:
International Transfer Form (if applicable)
Copy of most recent I-20 and current I-94 card
Most admission documents can be sent as PDF attachments via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the exception of official test scores and official transcripts. You also have the option to send your documents by express or standard mailing options.
The ISO uses University Express Mail Service (UEMS) to ensure your express mailing needs are met. To create your account with UEMS, please click here.
You may also use any standard shipping option of your choosing to mail your documents to the following address:
International Student Office
Louisiana Tech University
305 Wisteria Street
P.O. Box 3037
Ruston, LA 71272
An application will not be considered without specific documentation of yearly funds available to cover each year of study at the University. Louisiana Tech University estimates the student’s average cost for an academic term of twelve months to be:
Tuition and Fees $17,997
Living expenses $8,500 (including meals and housing)
Books and Insurance $2,200
**Fees are subject to change without notice.** Any changes will be updated here.
When the required credentials are on file, your application will be processed and you will be notified of the decision by mail. We cannot give this information out over the phone. If you want anyone other than yourself to receive information, we must have written permission from you stating the full name of the person.
**I-20s will only be issued to accepted students.
Fall Quarter Enrollment: July 1
Winter Quarter Enrollment: October 1
Spring Quarter Enrollment: January 1
Summer Quarter Enrollment: April 1